Brojomohun College was established on 14th June in 1889 by Mahatma Ashwini Kumar Dutta. But history chronicles that he first established the B.M shcool patronized by his great father in 1884 and then it it evolved into B.M. College to meet the increasing demands of higher education for the poor southerners. In 1917 the college was transferred into the present location. This college had got a revolutionary spirit as the Swadeshi movement and its ideology against British Raj streamed through it. So a counter colonial nature is integral with this college. Mahatma had exerted a tremendous leverage in amassing the highest patriotic scholars of that time, as such Brojendranath Chatterji, Rajonikanta Guha, Babu Swatish Chandra who left an effort to add glory to this college. Thus in the post partition and in the post independence period other legendary teachers as such Jibonanda Dash, Prof. Md. Hanif , Kazi Golam Kader, Prof. Shamsul Haque , Dr. Pronoti Bose added laurel to this college. It was due to the imparting of proper education Calcutta University had permitted this college to induct honors courses in that 1922, first in English and Philosophy and then gradually in other disciplines.